Sunday, June 3, 2007

F.A.Q.'S


Who is Thomas Paine?

Aside from the obvious, just like my profile states, I am a thiry-something engineer attempting to effect great change in The Republic.

OK, so what does that mean?

I intend to lend yet another voice to the cacophony of the blogosphere. If just one person reads my blog (that would be a start), forms an opinion about current affairs, converts from the dark side and goes on to fight for "truth, justice, and the American way," then I will consider my efforts a success.

Why bother?

Ultimately, to rid the world of this. (EXTREME content warning!)-via this post at The Jawa Report.

That's really gross!

Well, that's the enemy, and the reality, we face. Sorry about that. By the way, the fierce and murdering Taliban jihadi in the picture above, he's twelve. When I was twelve I think I wanted to be Indiana Jones, or maybe a Transformer.

So is that it, you're another counter-jihadi?

Not quite, I just know that the rise of islamofascism is this generation's greatest challenge. There are other topics I consider important, just not as much as the possibility of crazed moon-rock worshippers killing fellow Americans. (Is it a slur if it's the truth?)

Like what?

Well, border security is the most recent topic in the news, but also the economy (good), government spending (bad), pork/earmarks (out-of-control), inflated government size (bad), abortion (bad), low taxes (good), etc, etc.

Ah ha! So you're a Republican!

Well, I was, until the proposed amnesty bill currently in the Senate ("the straw that broke the camel's back") caused me to re-register with no party affiliation. The only way I'll register as a Republican again is to vote for Fred! in the primary. Other than that, I'll only support candidates, of any party, who actually want to preserve the integrity and greatness of this country.

Blah blah blah, what's with all this "Fred!" nonsense I've seen around?

You mean Sen. Fred Thompson? Why might it be a good thing for him to run for POTUS? Well for starters, he's very down-to-earth, a great communicator, an accomplished actor, and so far as we know, a true conservative. (Sound familiar?) Now of course, he's not in the race yet, and we still have much to learn about his ideas, plans, goals, etc. etc. Currently, with what is now known, his role can be summed up thusly: "This is our most desperate hour. Help us Fred!, you're our only hope."

So is that it?

Well, that about sums it up. There is of course much more, but that's enough for now.

No comments: